Statement of Faith
We believe, teach and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, and our only Savior from sin, death, and the power of the devil. We believe the Bible to be the completely reliable and true Word of God. Since the day “Lutheranism” became separated from Roman Catholicism in 1530, we have always meant the name “Lutheran” to be just our way of saying “Biblical Christian.”
In particular, we believe...
- We are all sinners who deserve God’s punishment, both now and forever. The Ten Commandments show us this.
- God sent His Own Son into the world to take our punishment upon Himself, suffering and dying on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins. Through faith in Him, we have eternal life. This biblical faith is gloriously confessed in The Apostles’ Creed.
- God now calls us to live a holy life of grateful service to Him. Jesus Himself invites us to pray for strength to live this way in the words of The Lord’s Prayer.
- God calls on all people, rich and poor, black and white, elderly and infants, to repent and receive Baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit for the forgiveness of sins.
- Christ gives the Office of the Keys to His church on earth to forgive those who repent, and to withhold forgiveness from those who refuse to repent.
- Christ gives is His own body and blood under the bread and wine in the Lord’s Supper, to forgive our sins and strengthen our faith.
Want to know more?
Join us Sunday mornings at 10:45 A.M. for Instruction class, stay for Divine Service at 12pm and ask Pastor Warr about the membership process! We look forward to seeing you!